Thursday 8 August 2013

AFWL African Fashion Week London 2013

Hi everyone,

I know its been a while since I last blogged, many apologies. I went to AFWL African Fashion Week London last weekend in Brick Lane. It was a great event, it started fashionably late 2hrs+ lol, but it was worth the wait.

I went on the saturday and the day consisted of a series of fashion shows. Below are some pics I took, I'll do my best to say who the designer is:

The following are designs by "Ella & Gabby":


The following are designs by "Zizzi Cardow" (In the blazer):


The designers are pictured but I don't know the name :/




Set of designs below from I'm not sure who the designer is sorry! I got caught up in the excitement. I'll do better next time I promise guys.


Baah by Jessica Baah was the show stopper of the day in Kente cloth I had major envy and respect for this model all at the same time! (She did have more wearable designs too):

All in all it was a decent event I paid £25 for a standard seating ticket, There was a fair bit of queuing and a delayed start but it was worth the money. I believe they could of had staggered seating for better viewing and an AC machine as opposed to just the odd fan because it was hawt! Would I go again? I think so because of the uniqueness of the event. Designers came from all over the world: Nigeria, Ghana, Sweden to name a few.

If anyone has any comments please feel free to put them below. 

Fi xx






2 comments:

  1. I went to tis as well and loved every moment of it. The collections were just stunning.

    xoxo
    Ivy
    http://www.purrpleivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Thanks for checking out my blog. I just had a look at yours I'm loving all the outfit pics xx

      Delete