Friday 3 October 2014

My Everyday Makeup

Hi everyone! So it has been over a year! A quick post to ease myself back in ;)

Below is a picture of what I use most of the time when I do my makeup and want a natural look:


A mix of drugstore and high end.
Foundation: L'oreal truematch in N9 (In the UK this is lighter than N8 :S, I sometimes mix them)
Concealers: Maybelline Fit Me in Cafe; L'oreal True match in Cafe
Powder: Ben Nye in Topaz
Contour/Highlight: Sleek Faceform in medium
Bronzer: Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer in 07
Blush: Sleek blush in coral
Eyelash curlers: Shu Uemera
Mascara: Rimmel Day2Night in Black

I've not included the primers or lip products so I might do seperate posts on those if you are interested in what I use.

These makeup items I have decided upon during a matter of trial and error as I only really started wearing a full face of makeup at university and mostly just for nights out so you can imagine the outlandish looks I used to go far *cringe*. The above items create a natural makeup look with very subtle highlight and contour.

One secret weapon that I really think is worth the investment is the Guerlain bronzer. They have a wide range of shades including one shade darker in 08 Ebony for any deeper ladies. The texture is amazing and it makes your face have a natural warmth that it does usually without makeup especially after seeing the summer sun ;) Cue the *rolling eyes*...what does a WOC need bronzer for you might be thinking? I thought exactly the same thing when I went to a Clinique counter to get my first experience of having my 'face-beat' (although it wasn't called that back then lol). I sat on the chair closed my eyes and let the MUA get on with it making the odd sound of agreement as she was talking  through the products but thinking inside 'I'm on a budget, give me the foundation and forget about everything else!'. Oh how wrong I was! The finished look was great but like I said I only wanted the foundation and looking at the bronzer in the pan I decided that it wasn't much different to my skin tone so I'm not going to bother with it, despite the MUA being a dark skinned lady herself I had other priorities.

Fast forward 4 years later....yes I said a whole 4 years later! And I really have been missing out. You know when you try and match foundation to your face but the centre of your face is clearly at least one shade lighter than the outer parts? That's when bronzer comes in, and not the orange or glittery bronzers from the drugstore, the deep rich russet Guerlain bronzers. Apply by sweeping a 3 on each side of your face with a brush (as explained by Gossmakeupartist, if you don't know him check his videos out on YouTube ASAP! See Links below)
Gossmakeupartist bronzer tutorial
Gossmakeupartist bronzer, blush, highlight, contour tutorial

Anyway ladies and gents, thanks for this long overdue update, expect more to come :D Please comment below and share your thoughts on the products and how to do a natural look.

xoxo Fi



2 comments:

  1. The Guerlain Bronzer looks so lush and tempting..I must look away!! I am also trying to get into the highlighting game starting with the Ben Nye powders but honestly, I just look silly any time I try...*covers face*...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liv!
    Aww I know what you mean about the powder I do use a light hand. It's ok to put the bronzer on your wishlist ;) x

    ReplyDelete