Thursday 6 June 2013

Haul Sleek (Candy Collection), Barry M & Rimmel Nail Polishes 06-06-2013

So I went to town this reasonably sunny summer afternoon and headed to Superdrug to check out Sleek's new Candy Collection. I ended up purchasing the blush palette and the pout paint. I skipped the eyehsadow palette as although the colours were beautiful, they are so bright that they gave me a fright lol...bad joke :/ I also ended up buying the pumpkin blush-BY-3 palette and a few summer nail polishes as I have some free time and want to paint my nails to match the weather ;) Check out below for pics:

1st row L-R : Sleek Candy Collection candy blush palette (£9.99), Sleek Pumpkin Blush Palette (£9.99)
2nd row L-R: Rimmel lasting finish nail polish in 060 Hot & Spicy (£1.99 on offer normally £2.99), Barry M nail polish in Cyan Blue (£2.99), Rimmel lasting finish nail polish in Pear drop (£1.99 on offer normally £2.99)
3rd row: Sleek Candy Collection Pout Paint in Lol-Lip-Pop (£4.99)

Above is the sleek products out of their boxes. L-R: Sweet Cheeks, Lol-Lip-Pop, Pumpkin

Now for the swatches, firstly the candy blush palette and the pout paint. From L-R the blush palette is called 'sweet cheeks' first is the cream blush in 'candy floss', next are the powder blushes in 'dolly mix' and 'cupcake', then lastly the pout paint in 'Lol-Lip-Pop'. I have to say these are really sweet! The pigment is full on just what you would expect from sleek. The colours are also very complimentary to any lovers of pink/purple. The pinks are all blue based so quite complimentary. A tip for using the pout paint, exfoliate your lips first, then moisturise then apply a thin layer (a little goes a long way), wait a few seconds for it to dry and apply more lipbalm then finally another layer of pout paint and you're good to go with a block of opaque colour. If you are only after a tint then stop at one layer.

 Next up is the pumpkin palette: from Top to Bottom: 'Lantern', 'Squash', 'Pumpkin Pie'


I'm going to have fun trying these out over the summer. I will give a review once I've had time to give these a proper go. In the meantime let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Fi xx

2 comments:

  1. Loving the newly acquired make-up collection. It seems I have to pop into town quite soon :)

    Mo x

    withinmylocket.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks :) Don't go as mad as me though.

      Delete