Friday 7 June 2013

Haul Skincare Boots Botanics and Good Things 07-06-13

So I went to Boots yesterday to restock on my go-to exfoliating face wash and buy some face cream with SPF. On arrival they were having a 3-for-2 offer so I also bought a rosewater toning spritz to try.


Everything cost £4.99 each but I saved some money with the 3-for-2 deal. From L-R: Boots Botanics Rosewater Toning Spritz, Boots Botanics Mattifying day cream SPF-15 shine away and Good Things Deep Clean Blackhead Exfoliator.

I bought the Botanics Mattifying Day Cream with SPF-15 on the recommendation of ZooBayDah check out her blog here: http://zoobaydah.blogspot.co.uk/. I just used it this morning and it is mattifying and doesn't leave a white cast like some SPF creams do. I'm getting to the age where you start thinking about preserving your youthful look rather than wanting to look older. Also I went for a run twice last week in the sun and was only out for an hour at a time but I saw the immediate effect on my skin: dry, tan and my lips even peeled a bit! Who knew the English sun could do that?! I mean, don't get me wrong I like a bit of colour but the sun ages you so everyone should put on a bit of SPF on their skin and lips regardless of ethnicity. See a blog on skincare here: http://www.beautymouth.com/search?q=spf So SPF15 will still allow you to 'tan' but it blocks some of the harm caused by sun overexposure. For my lips I use Mac's lip conditioner which I highly recommend, but I'm sure anything with SPF would do.

I will post on my Summer skin regimen if anyone is interested let me know in the comments, also if you have any tips for my oily/combination skin let me know! My skin is normally well behaved but I still avoid heavily fragranced products.

Fi xx

No comments:

Post a Comment